Sunday, February 10, 2008

Show Me the Refund (for FREE!)

So I know that tax season is upon us, and I understand how most can get a little perturbed by the daunting task of doing them. I decided to look into getting my tax software for the year and looked no further than Slickdeals to help out, since it was like $65.00 anywhere you looked for Federal and State (not including efiling!). That's when I started reading one of the forums on Slickdeals about a post for a copy of Turbo Tax at Costco for $29.95 or something like that. It still didn't have the efiling, but a deal nonetheless. One Slickdealer chimed in that the slickest deal of them all was getting it for free by being a State Farm Insurance client. She said that she has taken advantage of the free software for at least the last five years (I can't remember how long, exactly). I decided to call up the website and register for an account (with a policy number) and before I knew it I was starting my taxes on a free copy of Turbo Tax. Not only did it include the Federal and State preparation, it also included free efiling for both! So now I have my handsome return and an additional $50-90 depending on what I would have paid. It was really all too simple. If you have a State Farm account, I highly recommend getting your little perk!

No comments: